360 Human Capital solutions pvt ltd – Karachi
Full Job Description
Our client a well know Commercial Bank is looking to hire Chief Risk Officer for their Head Office in Karachi.
Chief Risk Officer
This position is responsible to ensure Bank’s interest by developing & implementing risk management strategies and policies across the Bank. The position is tasked with assessing and mitigating significant competitive, regulatory and technological threats to an enterprise’s capital and earnings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead a strong, independent risk management function with all the required financial, system and physical resources. Ensure that it is manned with personnel who possess sufficient experience, qualifications, risk management expertise, technical skills; business knowledge & competencies to perform their risk functions and provide expert opinions.
- Steer the implementation of risk policies, processes, tools and systems to identify, measure, manage, monitor and report credit & enterprise risks. Monitor Bank’s risk profile on ongoing basis and respond to major and critical risk issues independently and effectively.
- Assist Board and Sub Committee (BMRC) in development of Bank’s risk strategy, risk appetite framework and ERM framework.
- Translate Board-approved risk strategy and risk appetite into operational activities and risk tolerance limits in consultation with respective business functions / line departments.
- Lead the design and implementation of ERM (Enterprise Risk Management) framework in the Bank.
- Assist line departments/functions in development of relevant control processes and mechanisms to identify, evaluate, manage and report on material business risks in line with ERM framework.
- Ensure that risk communication is made an integral part of ERM activities to create and maintain a robust risk culture in Bank
- Participate and actively contribute in key decision-making processes of the Bank i.e. strategic planning, capital and liquidity planning, new products and services development, business expansions etc.
- 9. Ensure that risk management team remain up-to-date on latest trends on risk management through attending seminars, conferences, training sessions etc. and that they are acquiring continuing education to enhance their skills to perform their functions.
- Provide conclusive input to decisions that may materially impact the Bank’s risk profile.
- Facilitate transformation / conversion into Islamic Banking model (as per Bank’s strategy) by way of aligning risk policies in accordance with Shariah Principles.
- Responsible to carry out all tasks assigned by the Board Risk Committee, obtain recommendations and submit for resolution to BoD as and when required. Ensure the efficacy of the tasks involved in the handling of Board matters.
- Carry out any task assigned by President & CEO
Communication & Relationships:
Internal: All Departments
External: Regulatory Bodies, External Auditors and Pakistan Bankers Association
- Masters or equivalent from HEC recognized University or accredited Foreign University in the discipline of Law, Banking, Finance, Economics, Business Administration and related fields.
- Special Certification(s) in related field is preferred.
- 15 years of experience in a similar role with Islamic Banking exposure
- At least 10 years in the field of credit and risk management in financial industry
- Highest standards of integrity, humility and ethics
- Risk management and risk mitigation skills
- Analytical skills
- Decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Leadership with a wide perspective right from strategy to operations
- Result orientation and proven execution capability
- Ability to guide and coach across levels in the team
- Ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines
- Leadership with a wide perspective
Reporting to: President & CEO
- Credit Risk (Corporate, Commercial, SME and Agriculture)
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Credit Administration Department (Financing Agreements, maintenance of credit files and security documentation)
- IT Security
- Consumer Credit Risk
- Risk Policies and Industry Analysis
Job Type: Full-time